Workshops and performances available at your school
Spotlight has performed school shows at York Region and Simcoe County Schools.
Now booking for September 2012 through to June 2013
- Anti Bully Show-Available Throughout the year.
An energetic and interactive touring school show.
This show encourages and reminds children to do their part to stop bullying. Students have
reason to cheer each other on during games and challenges as they all aim
towards the ultimate anti bully championship! With opportunity to team up with
their classmates, students are encouraged to identify and work towards
eliminating bullying in their environment.
Let Your Light Shine reinforces the idea that
everyone is unique and deserves respect and working together is positive and productive.
Through interactive scenes,
songs, and game challenges this show encourages students to speak up about
bullying and serve as reminders of bully prevention and intervention.
From Far and Wide-Children of the World-Celebrating our differences
- Available throughout the year
- celebrating our unique differences, rights and freedoms through sketches, monolouges and music
- Heritage and Black History Month-Sojourner And I Strong and Sure: Available February 2013
- The Legend of Sojourner Truth ..........Her Journey from Slave to Abolitionist and Suffragette
- Based on the Narratives of Sojourner Truth by Olive Gilbert as told to him by Sojourner Truth in 1850
- A teenage girl living in the present time, dealing with everyday issues of peer pressure, bullying, uncertainty and insecurity. She feels weakened by it all and looks forward to the safety of her room. The history lesson begins when she chooses a historical figure to write an essay about . ‘A spokes person for social justice and human rights.’ She discovers Sojourner. In Sojourner’s words, ‘The ice is only cracked as there is more work to be done' to ensure harmony and peace in the world. She informs the young girl that her generation is the voice and strength, which could make a difference to unite the world.
Through dramatic, comic and emotional revelations with Sojourner, Anna begins her own journey to discover her strength and confidence. This dramatization celebrates Sojourner’s strength and the methods she used to inspire many in her time and long after.
A 40 minute performance piece suitable for grade 4 and up, includes historical writing, live theatre and music- Curriculum Focus: Literature, Character , Women’s Rights, Black History, North American History, Conflict Resolution, Tolerance, Self Esteem, Overcoming Obstacles,
Drama and Musical Theatre Workshops: Available Throughout the year
Through fun theatre games and exercises learn the history of theatre-theatre terminology- techniques for theatre and vocal singing that will come in handy for performance, speeches, presentations. Learn scenes and songs to present to classmates at the end of the workshop